Monday, November 15, 2010

Well...I'm not exactly sure what people write about on blogs, I have read others and they seem so put together, so well worded, but I dont want to be like all the others. I want to be "strangely normal", I dont want to fit into a mold, a cookie cutter persay, I just want to be me.

But being me, is something I'm still trying to figure out myself. The title of my blog, "Finding God in an RV" is exactly how I feel. My husband and I recently moved into an RV to get rid of debt and stop paying 1200 a month for rent in a house big enough for 3 families. Trust me, I was not too thrilled about the idea of living in an RV...I mean, I was raised that you live in a quaint little cottage, with a white picket fence, have a dog named Rover and 2 kids, and a husband who works a 9-5 job and comes home everyday with a smile on his face and, "Honey I'm Home!" out of his mouth. And your standing in the kitchen wearing a cute little apron and your hair and makeup are just right as you pull a homemade apple pie out of the oven...and its all smiles and sunshine.

Yea, I woke up from that dream real quick! I soon realized that husbands dont always work 9-5, sometimes its 6-10, or even overnight...you dont have time to bake a homemade apple pie, much less buy a pie, you'd much rather drown yourself in Ben and Jerry's ice cream. And the quaint little cottage with a white picket fence turns into a $3000 RV that has to be completely redone to make it even home-y.

But all in all...I'm supposed to be the great pastors wife that just has a huge smile on her face, and just trusts God with everything...well, sometimes, trusting God for everything is harder then it looks. Sometimes trusting God means getting angry at God first for putting you in this position in the first place. Then after the tears have been shed and the angry words have left your mouth...your sitting there in your little RV...and God shows up...

Such are the joys of finding God in an RV.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for posting this! I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God always shows up - thankfully! I would love to see some pictures of your home...?!

    ReplyDelete